Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Goshen days
The best thing about visiting Goshen? Staying with and spending time with my younger sister and brother-in-law. But, our visits here are also spent seeing extended family, running into old friends and visiting favorite prior stomping grounds: all things I love. Besides attending Goshen College for four years, Jason and I spent the first two years of our marriage living and working in this small, Mennonite-peppered, northern-Indiana city. Perhaps it's overly nostalgic but there's something slightly marvelous for me about driving past our first tiny upstairs apartment, or taking a walk through the college campus with my toddler or bumping into three different, unexpected friends at the Saturday Farmer's Market. I've been able to spend time catching up with dear college friends over food while the kids played and I still have visits with former coworkers and professors to look forward to. And, to top it all off, Eli is getting in all kind of splendid play time/music jamming/book reading/train-watching time with Aunt Karen and Uncle Adam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment