Wednesday morning Eli and I visited the elementary school where my sister teaches 3rd grade. Our visit started with introductions and a short Q&A with her students, which included the questions: "Are you her Grandma?" (Yes. This question was directed at me.) "Does Eli bite?" "Did you and Mrs. Graber Roth fight when you were kids?" Next Eli and I played quietly behind Karen's desk (which means Eli got to play with all the usually forbidden items in my purse so as to keep him silent and non-distracting) while Karen finished teaching her math story problems, and a snack break followed. Eli was then swarmed by 3rd graders delighted by his high five/fist bumping abilities while everyone chowed down on sweet sugar peas. When the kids lined up for art and we waved and waved and waved goodbye, I was a little bit relieved to see them go and a lot proud and in awe of my sister's stellar teaching abilities. Teaching/keeping in line 24 high energy, attention hungry 3rd graders is no small task. We did enjoy some quieter time during her prep period before hugging Aunt Karen goodbye for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment